Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nothing like a good book to cheer up a sad mom

These last few days I've been incredibly cranky, sad and angry. Actually it's been more like frustrated than angry.

Well yesterday I had nothing special to do at night. My husbands uncle is visiting so he and my DH were talking and watching the news, Choriço were playing on the computer and I tried to read the Bible but couldn't concentrate with all the noise. That's when I remembered I had a book lying around that I've been meaning to read for some time now, I found the book and went in to the bedroom to read it.

I started laughing on the first page I think, I was giggling so much that my husband had to go check on me as he couldn't understand what was so incredibly funny. I told him one of the parts, not sure if he found it funny really, and then I continued. It was a short book so I finished it this morning, still laughing.

It was so relieving! After all the tension I've felt these last few days it just released my hormones a bit and helped me see that everything isn't so bad. It was just what I needed. I love reading so for me reading is an excellent way to relax. So for me there is nothing like a good book to cheer me up! lol

How do you relax when you are stressed or sad?

3 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee

mercola said...

you can do yoga or listen to a lively music that you like. watch funny movies. Eat but, make sure your eating healthy foods. Go out and have fun. play with your kids. And don't forget to pray.

Frances said...

Books are good company.
Hope you'll share the title:)

Linda said...

Dr Mercola: Great options you are giving there.

Frances: it was a Swedish book; Loved by everyone by Martina Haag. i don't know if it has come out in English yet but if it has it is definitely worth reading! :)