Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nutricious and delicious fruit salads

I love fruit salads, not only are they delicious, they are nutritious as well. My favorite fruit salads contain apples, oranges and bananas. When strawberries are around they are a must as well. At the moment the strawberries are at a very good price so I try to eat as much as I can.

Some say that fruit salads are quite boring but there are several ways you can make a fruit salad a bit more "fun" and even more nutritious. I usually add sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and flax seeds to my salads, vegetable or fruit salads.

Something else to add can be a simple fruit sauce. Mash some strawberries with water and add to the fruit salad or make a lemon sauce. This lemon sauce is absolutely delicious and can be eaten on its own...

Lemon sauce:
1 lemon
single cream
condensed milk

Squeeze out the lemon juice and add as much cream and condensed milk until you get the perfect mixture, depends on taste. Whisk until smooth.

This sauce can be slightly addictive if you happen to like any of the above ingredients. Consider yourself warned. lol

0 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee