Monday, September 29, 2008

Like father like son

The other day I gave my husband a back massage as he was complaining his back was hurting. Little Choriço observed it of course and wasn't late to start claiming his massage as well.

Yesterday he started saying to me "Mom, give me massage, my back is hurting". I kind of tried to ignore it but that didn't work very well. Looking at him he was already lying down on the sofa flat on his stomach.

Heading over to ease his imaginable back pain he says to me;
"You need to use some of that lotion as well" Pointing at the lotion I had used for his dad.
"Aha, OK" Laughing to myself thinking "he is just like his dad"

Well the massage lasted about two minutes and then I said it was enough because I honestly did not have time for massaging that very moment. I think it was pretty sweet what he did and I have always thought that massage is a good way to bond with your child. I have tried to massage Choriço a few times but he has never liked it, perhaps now he has changed :) It's a great way to help your child relax and open up and something that can help heal a damage bond between kids and parents.

Now if I could only get them to give me massage... that isn't likely to happen unfortunately...

0 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee