Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Family dinners

I was raised with the whole family siting around the table eating dinner at the same time. If someone finished they waited until the last person had finished as well. Well in my own family it doesn't really work that way unfortunately.

DH has this thing of leaving the table before me and Choriço have finished and Choriço take ages to get to the table to sit down to eat. It doesn't matter how much we tell him, some days it is impossible to get him to sit at the table. Now DH has understood I prefer it when we all have dinner together and usually stays. But as someone who grew up eating in front of the TV I understand he deosn't see the point as clearly as I do.

I do think that table manners is something very important though so I continue to struggle and make them sit down and wait for eachother. How important do you think it is to have dinner together at the table?

0 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee