Monday, September 8, 2008

Doing things for the right reasons

Yesterday I was watching the film "Facing The Giants" and I have to say it was a great film! Although it wasn't the best film I've ever seen,but it was very good. The message was clear and it made me think about what an impact today's teachers and society and we parents have on teenagers.

If you have not seen the film it is about a football coach who's team isn't winning, the parents aren't happy with him, his car is about to die forever, his wife doesn't get pregnant and things aren't going so well for him. Until one day when he search Jesus and tells his team that they have been trying to win for the wrong causes, they need to honor God whether if they win or not. Once they change their focus things start to go well for the team and things get better.

It is a truly wonderful film and I cried at the end but I cry easily. There were several scenes where you could see the cheerleaders cheering and dancing to support the team and that is something I find neat. I say neat because America is probably the first place you think about when you say cheerleaders. Brazil definitely do not have them, although they have cure girls dancing in every program instead.

And it makes me think it must be so much fun being a cheerleader. Just to use special cheerleading uniforms and cheerleading shoes makes it all the better. They look as if they have so much energy and enjoy what they do and they are very talented. I'm sure it takes some training to become good and as from what you see on film there is a pressure to be good. Which is understandable.

Well, whether it is football or cheerleading I think it is necessary to support our children to do things for the right reasons, not only to win. Having fun is important and honoring God is the best reason of them all in my opinion. I don't care if I would have to buy cheerleading apparel to make sure my daughter was accepted in the team, as long as she does it for the right reasons and are happy about it it would be money well spent.

Even if you are not a Christian the film is absolutely recommended, it teaches us valuable lessons about what we do in life and why.

0 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee