Monday, March 24, 2008

Sensing my works value

My house is quite unorganized actually, I will admit that. My DH complains and I say I haven't got enough time to keep it organized.

This morning I realized why I do not have time to keep the house uncluttered and organized but instead have to run around like a headless chicken trying to find something at the last minute; because I do not take the time it actually takes to keep the house clean. It's as simple as that!

I am always stressed wanting more time but after reading a few very appropriate lines in Proverbs I realized I am doing it all wrong.

"She senses the worth of her work,
is in no hurry to call it quits for the day"
Pro31:18 The Message Bible
Reading that just made everything clear. Why do I stress and hurry all the time and always end up with a feeling that I need to do more. I leave things for the next day and the next day I leave it to the next and on it goes. All of a sudden I felt such pride in being able to take care of my home and my things. I cleared out the wardrobe and organized things that have beens lying around for way too long. And it feel so nice!

See; I do have the time, if I allow myself to make time and put aside things that are not important.

Do you take time to sense the worth of your work?

3 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee

Sonya said...

I have the same problem. I know I have the time but I always feel overwhelmed....which means I'm not spending my time wisely. This is a big goal area for me. I want to spend time wisely and will be trying to work toward that. It's tough sometimes because life gets so hectic but I know I must take time to set things right. My family depends on me and I have to do a better job!

Linda said...

Sonya, unfortunately most women feels this way. It's a common thing that we live a hectic life and always feel we should have more time for our family. and provide for them in a better way. I believe we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves. Hope you find a way that works for you to care for your family.

Gaida said...

I must admit I let thinks get away from me and then become overwhelmed just at the thought of getting in and doing it all.

I've found that if I tackle one section at a time rather than going from one thing to another I get better results and a cleaner area of the house.

A cluttered house or office is definitely energy draining... maybe that's why I feel so tired...or maybe it's having to do it all myself!!