Friday, December 7, 2007

New management

I went to a meeting last night at my sons nursery. They are changing the management of the nursery. It has been a Pastor and his wife that has been in charge of it until now and now an art organization is taking over. Well I wasn't too impressed with their speeches that they made, a bit too *sorry I'm so shy blablabal*for my liking but they all seemed nice.

Issues that were discussed; the uniforms. The nursery have always ordered their uniforms from a wahm who makes just uniforms. This year they decided to not do that and use another company and sell them at the nursery. That caused a big problem for many parents as their kid only had one uniform. And of course as you can imagine, kids get dirty! *lol*

Second issue: What time can I pick up my kid?
Last meeting we were told that we shouldn't pick up our kids before 4.30pm as then it could be seen as if "we didn't have anything better to do, ie not working". Of course that is an absolutely silly rule but you have to follow orders as well... The new management said " the more time your kids stay with you the better". Great" We liked to hear that. They were talking about scheduling special activities in the morning instead of in the afternoon. makes sense to me, a kid is much more alert in the morning.

3rd issue; If the pastor is leaving and the management is changing; what about my kids teacher?? We were informed that the current teachers can stay if they want to. After having said that they said that actually it depends if they are qualified. They need to have a higher pedagogic degree to work there. That could be an issue actually and we (hubby and I) are thinking that perhaps my sons teacher doesn't have that. Time will tell, I hope she does though.

Well those were the big issues that the parents asked. There were about 15 parents there out of 98 kids! Where were the rest???!?!?

I went up and asked afterwards if they were changing their learning system, the education, in any way. I thought that was an important question but no one asked about it and the new management didn't raise the question. I was told it would not change. And of course I informed them where they could find the lady who makes the uniforms. I am such a good parent.... haha.

I hope everything will be OK in the end, it's in Gods hands and I am sure He knows what is best for our kids. But changes are a bit scary. :)

0 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee