Monday, October 8, 2007

Living by the Proverbs 31

the other day I was reading the Proverbs 31 and I decided that it was time to "get a grip" and drag myself up from the lazy whole I have been in for some time now.
The one thing that caught my attention was this:

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

And I thought to myself: This is what I´ll have to do!
I have to get up earlier to make sure I get things done in the beginning of the day. We usually get up around 7am but I told my husband to set the alarm on 6am. He didn´t like my idea at all and started complaining that I would wake him up and that I should stop with those silly ideas.

I, of course, got a bit upset having prepared myself mentally but kept quiet and said "OK then". Next morning I wake up hearing: "Linda it´s time to go to bed". Of course I wake up thinking why would my husband say that if I am already asleep? My husband had gone to the toilet and I asked him what he said- " I didn´t say anything" he says half asleep and goes back to bed.

Me, I know who woke me up and why, so I got up and swept the street, this is one of those dreadful everyday tasks, made bread and prepared my son´s clothes and bag.
And then I got on with my day.

This week I´ll give it another try and I´ll try really hard to keep it up because it makes me feel so much better afterwards.

4 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee

Revka said...

Oh, I love Proverbs 31! It is so beautiful and inspiring. I'm still working on being like this lady - LOL. Good for you. :)

Kathie Thomas said...

When you seek something to follow God's leading He will help you to wake up on time and get things done.

Gaida said...

Hi Linda
I always find getting up earlier in the morning when it's quieter I'm able to get much more done... especially now I'm working part time & at TAFE.

Day off today...it's 6am, so I'm catching up on some emails etc before I head out for a walk with a friend along the beach.

I sure miss those morning walks now I'm working.

Linda said...

Revka; Can we ever be like her? She is a great inspiration I think.

Kathie: Absolutely right!

Gaida: I´d love to walk along the beach. You should make sure you do that every day! :)