Thursday, October 18, 2007

Do you mind giving back my old shoes?

You can call me fuzzy, greedy or whatever you want but this is something that is annoying me.

About a month ago a friend of mine came by, she spent the day here and while we were walking to nursery to pick up my son one of the straps on her shoes got torn off. So she ouldn´t use the shoe and asked me if I had a pir of shoes to lend her.

First of all I´d like to say that this girl/woman is a shoeoholic. She has like 60 pair of shoes or more. Me, I have 2 pair os sneakers, 2 pair of sandals and 1 pair of high heels. And of course a pair of flip-flops.

Well now I only have one pair of sandals because I lent her the other pair. The pair I lent her were the pair that were most used aka oldest. But they were the pair that I used everyday in order to not use the other pair except for when I needed to go somewhere where more appropriate clothing was needed. This was done in an economical purpose.

I simply have not got the money to go and spend on new shoes all the time.

She came on a Wednesday and said that on Friday she would return them. It has been one month and I´m not likely to get them back, nor has she called me once. What kind of friend is this I´m asking myself. Maybe she is looking at my shoes thinking that surely I don´t want them back but I do! I loved those sandals.

Am I overreacting? Surely doesn´t feel like it.

4 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee

valmg said...

I hope you get your sandals back soon!

Gaida said...

Hi Linda,

I'd ring her & ask when you can catch up & gently remind her to bring the sandals with her as you need them.

The longer you leave it the more annoyed you'll possibly become & could affect your friendship.

Wolfie said...

Oh dear..hope u manage to get them back..

Linda said...

Thank you, I too hope I get them back soon.. we´ll see. i do doubt it though... But Gaida you are right, it could affect our friendship. Good point. Thank you!