Tuesday, September 4, 2007

So, has she adapted yet?

My husband often gets the question if I have adapted to the Brazilian lifestyle yet. And of course I get that question too it´s just that they usually turn to my husband before turning to me, thinking I don´t speak Portuguese.

I can imagine that for some it is really difficult to adjust and adapt to a new life in a new country. For me that has never been an issue. From day one I have been totally OK here. In the beginning we had a few rough weeks when we lived with my MIL and family but since we moved to our own house; no problem.

And I am so thankful that I have no problems adapting myself wherever I go in the World. I have traveled to various places without having the slightest idea of what it would mean to me and I´ve been just fine.

I think one of the reasons I have never had any problems here is because I speak Portuguese. I would not want to live in a country and not speak the language. I need to communicate! *lol*
Of course new acquaintances don´t know this so they ask my husband about me when I sit next to them.
Has she adapted yet? Does she like it? Does she speak any Portuguese?

Of course they are looking at me while they speak to my husband.
Hey I´m here, can you please talk to me? If I can I will tell them that I understand perfectly what they say and yes I have adapted and no I have no trouble living here.

Do you think you would adapt easily if you moved to another country?

0 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee