Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I can see clearly now...

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

My son has had a bad habit of keeping his toys, or a big part of them, in the living room.
Last week I took everything and just shoveled it into a box and put it in his room. I started organizing a bit, separating bits and pieces and so far they are where they are supposed to be.

But the main thing was still there, separating all his papers, books and bigger toys.
This is what it looked like before:
As you can see it´s really messy. Clothes on top of the drawer, all shoes are in a mess, papers and books on the floor.
And the stationary bike.
OK this bike is not mine OK! It´s my husbands and has been before he met me. Apparently he bought it some years ago and used it for a while. He has used it maximum 5 times since we moved here. It doesn´t work very well either, I ´ve tried taking up the habit a few times but the bike is in such a miserable shape that it´s better not to.

So I cleared everything up, threw away lots of papers, no drawings, and a few toys that will not be missed at all.

I felt really good about myself, I don´t like throwing things away and I´ve noticed my son is the same. Whenever I try to get rid of something he says> No mommy, lets keep this. *lol*

So after all this hard work I finally took an after picture this morning. This is what it looks like now:
Now you can see inside the drawer as well. It was not as organized as it is now.

Even Winnie the Pooh is sitting on there watchin over the room. In the paper box to the right are all his drawings squeezed in. I can still fit a few in there but then I will have to think of another way of storing them.

And all his books are to the left. He doesn´t have one book in Portuguese but he does have a few in English and most are in Swedish. The English ones really aren´t his but for my teaching but when I don´t use them he can have them.

And the shoes... well you see we haven´t got a hallway in our house. You either step right into the dining/living room or into the kitchen. And there is no appropriate place to put the shoes there so they are stored in my sons room. That is quite annoying actually but there is nothing I can do about it at the moment.

I´ve wanted to participate in Tackle it Tuesday before but never come around to it, but here it is my first entry.

If you want to participate in Tackle it Tuesday please head over to 5minutes for mom.

4 Coffee´s on the table, please have some coffee

peppylady said...

What a project. I got a small table that is a catch all in my dinning area and I just need to get rid of it.
Nice job

Mama´s Coffee Corner said...

Thank you! It was hard work but well worth it :)

An Iowa Mom said...

Wow! Great tackle. Doesn't it feel good to be done? Looks great!

My Tackle It Tuesday is up ... come see!

Windyridge said...

Nice job and I like your site...different. I like the coffee cups instead of comments. Cute